Saturday 11 September 2010

A Recent Hurt


Yajiv Rupak

His practice is deception
His smile, his charm, his friendship 
A demonic veil smothers his mind
While my happiness lays oblivious to such darkness
For months I dance in its joy
I become consumed in his world.

Just as my fingertips touch the edge of my dreams
It shatters to pieces
The scars beneath my skin surface
And the light shines through
As I come to realise…
What once felt like a blessing
Was indeed torture in disguise.



MOND, A, 'Writers Block', June 2008, Age 22

6 comments:

  1. This guy hurt you bad huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love your poetry its so descriptive in a non conventional way

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have told so many about this blog... it just gets better and better

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hmmm can feel the hurt in you ...
    hope the cause of this poem is no more
    and u have a smile on ur face ..

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow! awesome!

    ReplyDelete